Monday, May 5, 2014

California Shrimp Salad with Goddess Dressing

I am obsessed (that's putting it lightly) with the shrimp salad at a certain popular chain restaurant. It was almost like the heavens opened up and Angels sang hymns the moment I tasted that deliciously high carb salad. So obsessed that I made a ketogenic version of the goddess dressing to satisfy my crazy. I hope you enjoy too!

California Shrimp Salad



  • Fresh spinach (THE MORE THE BETTER - SPINACH IS GOOD FOR YOU, SON! I'm looking at you, Husband!)
  • 5-8 black olives
  • 2 ounces of tomatoes
  • One half of a small Haas avocado - sliced.
  • 1 bag of peeled, deveined shrimp - medium sized - may have to take tails off.
  • Seasoned salt because I'm a lazy cook. 
    • Careful though - Read the label! Might contain sugar, which my season salt does. I'm using up my last container of Lawry's and going homemade. That recipe will be linked down the road.
Thaw shrimp under cold running water for 5-7 minutes. I took the time to remove the tails while the shrimp was thawing. Once thawed, I sprinkled probably about 1-2 teaspoons of season salt on the shrimp and cooked it on low in 3 tbsps. of bacon grease - cook until no longer see through. I usually cook shrimp until it has a nice crisp on the outside.

While the shrimp is cooking, assemble your salad and get the dressing mixed!

Goddess Dressing

  • 4 ounces of cream cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice - preferably from a fresh lemon
  • 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons Almond milk, unsweetened
  • 1 whole Haas avocado - remove skin and seed.
  • 2 cloves of garlic (I like garlic)
  • salt and pepper to taste
There's several ways you can do this - you can use a potato masher and mix by hand (it'll probably be a bit chunky - still delicious though), use a hand blender, or the magical Kitchen Aid thingamabobber. Whatever floats your boat. There's no special way to add the ingredients so just toss them together and mix!

Dressing: 4 servings (2.65 ounces, or approx: 1/3 cup)

Cal: 214 kcal, Total fat: 20.7g, Total Carbs: 6.4g, Fiber: 3.0g, Sugar: 1.5g Net Carbs: 3.4g 

No comments:

Post a Comment