Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Keto Coco Cereal? Is This a Dream Come True?

When it comes to chocolate cereal, I am like a crack addict. . . I need my fix. I loved peanut butter cup cereal, cocoa puffs, and well anything that involved chocolate or peanut butter in milk honestly. To my joy, someone had posted a recipe for chocolate cereal on /r/ketorecipes - I had to make it.

Boy, was I NOT disappointed either.

It is the perfect consistency to be satisfy the chocolate fiend in me, and it is actually very filling. Just last night, I decided that I loved the cereal so much that I'd make bulk in a coffee can (Remember, addicted).

Adapted ketogenic recipe from Reddit User /u/LarryitSeatwDoritos

Original Recipe from Maria Mind Body Health Blog


    • 1/2 cup vanilla whey or egg white protein (I used Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein Powder)
    • 3/4 cup almond flour
    • 1/4 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1/4 cup coconut oil
    • 2 TBS Truvia + 1/2 TBS extra for sprinkling
    • 2 TBS water


    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the whey, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, 2 tablespoons of the sweetener and salt. Add in the coconut oil until evenly distributed. Stir in the water to form a stiff dough. (Note: dough will look pretty crumbly, and not really like a dough. This is okay.) Place parchment paper on cookie sheets, and lightly grease. Sprinkle the dough in cereal-sized pieces over the parchment paper. Bake for 6-8 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, sprinkle the remaining Truvia, and break up the pieces into pebble-sized cereal bits.

    Out of the oven.

    And into the bowl!


    My batches of cereal go a bit longer since I only use 1/2 cup. I'd say there are more along the lines of six servings. I also used 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 2 tbsp. of heavy cream!



    Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 286 calories, 25g fat, 12g protein, 2g net carbs, 5g fiber (Not including the almond milk and heavy cream)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment